Welcome

Welcome to our blog where we will be having fruitfull discussion on children's literature.

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Maponya Mall reading

Dear ladies
I must say Saturday was a success; everything went very well our group handled everything with style. I am also very happy that we work so well together. Monique you are the bomb you remembered to take all the pretty photos. And girl thanks for getting all my good sides. Back to the reading...
 T
he kids enjoyed my book, but like I said a book about religion can raise a lot of questions with the young ones, they don’t stop asking questions. One child asked me when is God's birthday... I struggled there for a bit but a good friend only told me afterwards all my possible answers like "every day, because God does so many good things for us every day" that is a nice one right?
Well I didn’t think of it at the time.But in a nut shell this is a good idea and I hope students after us treasure it and enjoy it like we did. If you going to be a teacher this is the ultimate test, How to keep a child on the straight and narrow with their parents staring at you from the other side of the black fence
Signing out
Kamo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kamo that does sound like a good idea!I have also in the past come across similar situations and these situations tend to get even more difficult if the child does not have that religion but with experience we learn everyday.
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess i can help here with an answer to that question of 'when is God's birthday?' so that any time you are asked such a question again, you would not be found wanting. if you read the bible,it talks about the trinity of God, which is God the father,son,and the holy spirit being one.so if you know that,25th December is Jesus's birthday, so it is for God.

    Faustina.

    ReplyDelete